RS Hydro Launch the Proteus Instrumentation Range for Organic Pollution Monitoring
RS Hydro are pleased to announce the official launch of their new multi-parameter fluorometer range - Proteus instruments.
RS Hydro are pleased to announce the official launch of their new multi-parameter fluorometer range - Proteus instruments - offering unrivalled accuracy for real-time monitoring of dissolved organic matter.
Proteus Instruments represent a global scientific breakthrough in providing relatively low cost real-time data for BOD & COD.There are currently two models available: Proteus BOD (for real-time high frequency monitoring of Biochemical Oxygen Demand) and the Proteus DOC (for Dissolved Organic Carbon monitoring). Both models incorporate robust correction algorithms developed by RS Hydro through a collaborative research partnership with the University of Birmingham (Khamis et al.,2015
). These correction factors account for potential interference from ambient environmental conditions and enable highly accurate and repeatable measurements of BOD and DOC. In addition, the Proteus is equipped with a highly durable wiper mechanism that ensures all optical windows are kept clean even in the most demanding environments (industrial/municipal effluent). The modular nature of the unit enables users to add additional monitoring parameters from a choice of > 40 commonly monitored parameters.
Proteus instruments (patent pending) is a versatile range of sensing units that can provide real-time BOD and DOC data alongside traditional parameters (pH, conductivity, turbidity etc.); thus, incorporating all your sensing needs into a single, easily deployable, low maintenance monitoring platform. The savings associated with the Proteus are comprehensive and include: 1. reduced laboratory costs, 2. reduced likelihood of fines and reputational damage, 3. energy savings through process optimization and 4. Any additional cost savings associated with BOD/DOC sampling. Proteus instruments are set to change the way reactive organic matter loads are monitoring- improving reliability, accuracy and resolution.
Added benefits of Proteus instruments:
- Real-time data - easy link up to telemetry and SCADA for alarms/alerts of specified threshold exceedance (SDI 12, RS232, MODBUS)
- Easily deployable - wide range of environments (inc. inlets, effluents, reservoirs or boreholes)
- Versatile - modular design enables a wide range of additional parameters to be recorded concurrently (e.g. Temperature, turbidity, pH, conductivity, optical DO, chlorophyll a, ORP, ammonia)
- Portable - blue-tooth option also available
- Sensitive- can detect very low concentrations for use in clean water systems
- Low maintenance - self-cleaning with automatic wiper and simple calibration only every 6 - 12 months
- Numerous applications -
- Monitoring effluents for compliance
- Development of process control algorithms
- Identification of cross-connected sewers
- Combined sewage overflow monitoring
- Environmental monitoring
14th Dec 2017